Sunday, April 2, 2017

Marshal Alameida of the Black Templars

Hello again,

Two posts back-to-back! I am currently furiously working on getting ready for Astronomi-con in Toronto at the end of April. I was truly inspired by the fluff in Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia and decided to bust out my Black Templars. Now, I think Eldar and other top lists are still going to steamroll me, but I concocted a few nasty surprises while designing a very fluffy BT list. I'll post more about it after the tournament and will try to do a mini tournament battle report after the fact. For those of you who are in the GTA and have never been to Astro, you should really give it a try. It's my favourite tournament - so many nice and fluffy armies as well as truly unique scenarios for every mission. Not really for the uber-competitive folks, but more of a good competitive narrative play. Anyway, I digress. The purpose of this post was to introduce you to Marshal Alameida, which I just finished painting (with a little help from Khiriban on face details).

Hope you guys like it. Here he is. He is the Lord Executioner model from GW, but I swapped the Axe head for a thunderhammer, because why wouldn't you do that unless you were short for points or you were really into Khorne?






4 comments:

  1. Ooo, interesting! I like it!

    Coincidentally, I was looking at this model over the weekend too, with a view to converting it for use as a Deathwatch Vanguard Veteran (probably with a Heavy Thunder Hammer too).

    GW website says its in 6 parts - what are the six? Are the shoulder pads easily removable, for example?

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The entire body is one big piece (see link: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Cs18WkpmrYk/maxresdefault.jpg). I would also have preferred different shoulder pads, but it would have involved too much cutting for my own skill set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply - it's as I feared. £15 is a little too much, for something that could go horribly wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes indeed. The good news is that the plastic vanguard veterans are also very ornate (I used to own some). You can get something close to this look by using the sergeant model and it would be cheap plastic (if such a thing can even be said for GW).

      Delete